Monday, July 23, 2007

HARRY POTTER! The wait is over!!











Now that Daniel Radcliffe is of age, I don't feel like such a perv thinking he is hot! Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix came out finally! This is only book 5 so I have 2 more movies to go! I thought it was a really great movie! But being the Harry Potter fan that I am, I feel that they left out some very impotant things and switched the story line a bit. YOu have to read the book or I feel you are missing something in the movie. Since I read the book, I knew what I was missing, but still very much enjoyed seeing it up on the screen, the things I've seen in my head! It was darker, more grown up and great! I think these movie peeps need to realize that as much as Harry Potter fans that we are, we will sit through a 3 hour movie. There is nothing wrong with making the movies longer!!!! Think of that for the last 2 movies please!!
Now to the release of Deathly Hallows. That book off the bat had me crying. It was amazing! It took a bit to get comfortable with how different the story was going to be from the other 6 books. J.K. had a pattern in the other books. Start off with the Dursley's and end up at Hogwarts. If you don't want me to ruin some of it for you, stop reading now otherwise continue!:) They don't return to Hogwarts and go off on the adventure that Dumbledore gave Harry. So the book had them on the run from Voldemort and the Death Eaters. It was really great writing.. Very much more adult than before. It alsmot seems like more "time" has passed from book 6 to book 7 with the situations they have to deal with.. Harry had always been really gutsy, but this book he seems to be full of BALLS! And Neville truely found more courage and he was incredible in the few pages he was in. It's just so sad who has to die in the book. It isn't just 2 people... it's quite a few which is why I was crying so much as I was reading it. I won't tell you who died, but it really bought out a lot of emotion of what these terrible times bought to Harry's world. I felt deeply for Harry's pain, but he kept having to move on to get his job done. I suggest if you want to get into Harry Potter, read all the books first, then watch the films. The 6th film won't come out till the end of next year, which is extremely annoying to me! But what can I do!
I can't wait for my 2 boys to be born so I can get them into Harry Potter too!:)

No comments: