Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wildlife in the backyard
















We have a large area of woods behind our house. In the last few days I've noticed that a group of deer have been coming around looking for food. I think they may be starving and are looking for any food they can. I went to the store, got bird seed for the blue jays, cardinals and other birds I've seen. I bought corn cobs for the squirels I've noticed and I got some apples for the deer. Today my friend Frank and I set out everything. Well, I set out everything and Frank helped keep watch for the animals. Finally later in the afternoon, the birds were in the birdfeeder and the squirels were having fun. THen a deer came. It stayed awhile, but then left. I figured that was it, but then it returned with 5 friends. They found the apples and corn cobs. They tried some of the bird seed on the ground. Later in the evening when Brian was home, 3 more came. It was great seeing the wildlife in our yard. I felt bad realizing that our house took some of their home. I'm glad that the people who owned those woods haven't sold their property. I really hope they never do. I love the woods behind our house! I love seeing nature right outside my door. Here are pictures I took today. I only am showing a few!










No comments: