Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bucket List

I saw the movie "The Bucket List". When I told people this, they all said, "I heard it sucked." It was far from sucking! Maybe it wasn't quite the caliber movie you would think coming from Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. They are gods in the movie world. It was light hearted and moving. They did some amazing things on their Bucket list. I thought about my own. The "bucket list" is a list of things you want to do before you "kick the bucket." Well, Brian and I talked about it and we have done so much stuff from "our list" already. Probably more than a lot of people get to do in their lives.
I wanted to travel. And I have traveled! ANd Brian and I have more traveling we would like to do. In one year he and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon, France and Italy for his Ironman and New Orleans for my 30th birthday. We went to Ireland together for almost a month. We were engaged in Toronto Canada. We went over half of the US I think.
I've had children and started a family like I wanted. I have a house I love! I have a great guy! Other than traveling and watching my children grow and see their milestones, I don't know what else to add to my bucket list. I've had such a hard life. After Missy passed,I felt like I should live my life to the fullest. I feel that with Brian I have been able to do that. With as many bad things that has happened in my life, I still feel that I can say I'm blessed. I have a great husband and children! I have good friends and family! I like my job, but I could always do something that I like even more. (I'm sure that everyone could) I have to admit that the best job I have is being a mom! I love my boys! They are the greatest! I guess part of me was afraid that I wouldn't take to being a parent as well. I have done so many things like I said and enjoyed them. I knew that things would be different. But I feel so much happiness and satisfaction at watching them grow and learn. Being a mom is just amazing! It beats anything else! I still love my other interests. Even though I've become a parent, I think it is important to stay the person you are and keep the things you love. But my kids will always come first.
Well, I"m off to bed! I have to get ready for the busy day I have with the boys tomorrow!

No comments: