Saturday, April 22, 2006

Auntie Thelma

This is my grandmother and Auntie Thelma!
















While I was in Boston I found out that my Auntie Thelma died from complications stemming from her diabetes. So right after I got back from Boston, I had to leave the next day to Hobart, Indiana. It was very convenient that our flight was into the Akron Canton Airport which is 5 mins from my Grandmother's house. We were able to pick her up right after we landed and bring her to our house. Then my mom, grandma and I left for Hobart the next morning.

The last time I saw Auntie Thelma was at my wedding in September. She had the best time and people commented on how her and my grandma danced and seemed so happy. She was having a great time. It was a nice time to have family together. At the funeral, I was able to see family that I never have the opportunity to see. It is sad the reason we were together, but I look at it as we were together to celebrate a memory and a life of our loved one. I took pictures. One can never have enough pictures of family and those they love . At the cemetery I took pictures of my family members that have gone before me. A few before I was even born and a few that passed when I was very young. This was my first time seeing my great Grandmother's and Great Grandfather's grave. I had the opportunity to see Uncle Steve's, who is my Auntie Thelma's husband, my cousin Nancy who I never had the chance to meet and my great Uncle Alexander Pignotti, who was my Great Grandmother's brother. I was happy to be able to see where they rest. It made me feel closer to them and the roots of my family.

No comments: