Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Funny thing

My sister called me tonight to tell me something funny. Nikya , my niece was a my flower girl at our wedding. I picked the cutest dresses. Well on the dress it had a strip of flowers. Now mind you Nikya is going to be 3 in July. She finds the flowers from the dress and said, "Hey, I wore this when Reese got married. I could marry Uncle Brian, but I'm not old enough yet! " My sister askes her to repeat what she just said and Nikya said, "I want to marry Uncle Brian, but I'm not old enough yet. I have to get bigger. " My sister laughed and then tried to explain to Nikya why she couldn't marry Uncle Brian. "Because he is married already to Aunt Reese." So I had to explain to Nikya that Uncle Brian was alreay married to me. And that is the only reason why he can't marrye her. She asked me, "Well, can I marry him when I'm bigger? " I tried to explain to her that he can't marry her, but he still loves her very much. She said, "O.k. Reese! I love uncle brian too!" She is so darn cute! The other day when she hurt her finger, she didn't want to talk to me. She wanted Uncle B. I told Brian about what Nikya said and I think that tore at his heart strings big time! I love her to pieces. We are thinking of doing some things with her this summer. Maybe take her camping. Maybe take her for a bike ride through the metro parks with her little Dora bike. Possibly even take her fishing. I use to think fishing was the best when I was little. I think she would also like the attention that Aunt Reese and Uncle B give her. She can test your nerves, but is so cute. It is hard to be mad at her. And she knows how to manipulate people so they aren't mad at her. She is so innocent. I wish she could stay that way forever! I can't wait till we have kids of our own!

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

that kid is a hoot! so freaking cute. not so sure she's innocent though ;)