Sunday, December 11, 2005

The new Inxs

I'm not really sure how I feel about the "new" Inxs. I loved the original Inxs when I was younger. Michael Hutchence was incredible. It's hard to replace someone like him. It was terrible to hear of his death. It came 2 months to the day my younger sister died. Michael just had this incredible sexy way about him as a front man. I remember a quote that Bono, the lead singer of U2 said about him. " He was oxygen, a light in a room, a light in the dark." I just think that you really can't replace an icon like him.
The guy they picked to front their band is pretty good. But is it really Inxs without MIchael? It just seemed odd to see them on VH1 playing live. JD, the new lead singer, is half their age. The guys in the band could be his father. It seems strange to me is all. I do like their new song, but it is hard for me to buy that this is Inxs, not seeing Michael in taking lead. JD has a lot to live up to!

No comments: