Thursday, February 23, 2006

My first doctors visit.

I really don't have too much to talk about. Brian and I are at home right now. He is sick for the first time I think in all the time I have known him. And I"m not talking about the sick that he makes himself when he would get drunk. Like a real cold kind of thing. I have a cold still and wish this shit would go away. But how can it when I can't call off work. (nurse shortage and all!) We take care of the sick, but can't take care of ourselves! AUGH! :) We are waiting for pizza to arrive. Too tired and lazy to cook. Brian hasn't eaten or had anything to drink all day! Poor baby!!
Well, I went to the fertility doc. I have a few tests coming up. And they don't sound like they are fun. It's all about timing. The first test, "The Clomid Challenge Test" consists of... calling the doc the first day of my period. THen I will go into the docs on day 2 or 3 of my period for them to draw blood. Then I think day 5-9 I take clomid. A drug that is suppose to make me ovulate. Then I have to do back to the doctors to have blood drawn and maybe an ultrasound on day 10. It's to check if I ovualte. The second test, also requires me to call the doc the first day of my period. It is called an "HSG" test. And what it consists of basically between the time I"m done with my period and before I ovulate, I have to go to the docs and basically get dye pushed through my uterus while an x-ray takes multiple pictures of that area. They are trying to see if my tubes are blocked. But I was told that this test could cause cramping and some pain. So I'm suppose to take 4 pills of Ibuprofen or 2 extra strength tyelnol. It doesn't sound like fun.
The doctor , Dr. Arrendando, is amazing. He is so nice and just so positive and pleasant. Not to add that he is a marathon runner too! So he and Brian will have things to talk about. He is ready to help us have a baby and figure out how that is going to need to be done. Great guy and he moves things along quickly. Explains things well too. Brian feels this is private and he will probably be mad at me. But maybe as we go through this, it may help other people to see the challenges we face. Also it helps me and maybe it will help other couples who maybe scared, heartbroken, frustrated. It's so those people know they aren't alone. And maybe when we do have kids and they start to act like brats, I can just pull this up and show them what we had to go through to get them! :) Play the guilt card on them!:)
I had blood drawn the first day I was there. The woman drawing my blood finished and placed a 2x2 gauze on my arm and said, " Welcome to the "club"! " Not exactly the club I"m looking to be in! I was hoping more like, PTA, football mom, softball mom, baseball mom, basketball mom. Something more along those lines! Hopefully soon! I heard from a few places that woman seem to get pregnant right after they have the dye test. So we will see!

No comments: