Sunday, May 14, 2006

Quotes to save your life!:)

I have been real busy! I will update you on everything as soon as I get my pics organized. Until then, here is something that was kind of fun!
I just thought I would list some quotes from songs that I think have great meaning.


"Get crazy with the cheeze whiz!" - Beck- Loser

"Evil feeds off a source of apathy, weak in the mind, and of course you have to be. Less than a man, more like a thing, no knowledge you're nothing, knowledge is king." - Kool Moe Dee, Knowledge Is King


If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush, Freewill

Be grateful for blessings, don't ever change, keep your essence. - 2 Pac, Me Against The World

Don't give up, you've got a reason to live. Can't forget, we only get what we give. - New Radicals, You Get What You Give

Drink life as it comes, straight no chaser. - Bush, Straight No Chaser

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds. - Bob Marley, Redemption Song

You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes. You may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I'll rise. - Maya Angelou, Still I Rise

When we meet what we're afraid of, we find out what we're made of. - Everything But The Girl, We Walk The Same Line

Life is a bowl of punch, go ahead and spike it!- 311

Tomorrow I wake with second wind and strong because of pride, to know I fought with all my hear to keep my dream alive. - 2 Pac, And Tomorrow

Take a breath, take your time, spread your wings and rise. - Counting Crows, Four Days

Take what you can from your dreams, make them real as anything. - Dave Matthews Band, Grey Street

Nothing matters to me except right now, make it through til tomorrow some way, some how. - P.O.D., Live And Die

At the shrine of friendship never say die, let the wine of friendship never run dry. - Les Miserables, Drink With Me

As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time. - Cake, Sheep Go To Heaven

Before you condemn me my friends, I suggest you look deep inside you. For good and evil exists in us all. - The Kinks, Scream Of The Earth

Celebrate we will, because life is short but sweet for certain. - Dave Matthews Band, Two Step

Do you realize life goes fast, its hard to make the good things last? Do you realize the sun doesn't go down, it's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round? - Flaming Lips, Do You Realize


Don't gain the world and loose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold. - Bob Marley, Zion Train

I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself to hold on to these moments as they pass. - Counting Crows, Long December

I hope you're as happy as you're pretending to be. - Dashboard Confessional, Hands Down

All I want is peace and love on this planet, ain't that how God planned it? - Public Enemy, Fear Of The Black Planet

You can't fight the tears that ain't coming, or the moment of truth in your lies. When everything seems like the movies, yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive. - Goo Goo Dolls, Iris

Sister I see you - dancing on the stage of memorySister I miss youEntwined, you and I, our souls speak from across the milesIntertwined, you and I, our blood flows from the same insideI see you walking there....See you walking in my mind... -The Nixons , Sister

Fools are we, if hate's the gate to peace. - Dave Matthews Band, The Last Stop

Hands and feet are all alike, but fear between divide us. - Dave Matthews Band, Cry Freedom

If you hold on tight to what you think is your thing, you may find you're missing all the rest. - Dave Matthews Band, Best Of Whats Around

Gravedigger, when you're diggin my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain. - Dave Matthews, Gravedigger

I can't believe we would lie in our graves, dreaming of things we might have been. - Dave Matthews Band, Lie In Our Graves

Lovely lady let me drink you, please. I won't spill a drop, I promise you. Lying under this spell you cast on me, each moment the more I love you. - Dave Matthews Band, Crush (side note: Sexiest lyrics EVER!!)

The future is no place to place your better days. - Dave Matthews Band, Cry Freedom

Am I part of the cure, or am I part of the disease? - Coldplay, Clocks

Don't it make you sad to know that life is more than who we are. - Goo Goo Dolls, Name

Scars are souvenirs you never lose. - Goo Goo Dolls, Name

I keep living this day like the next will never come. - Fiona Apple, Criminal

Keep some sorrow in your hearts and minds, for the things that die before their time. - Counting Crows, Mercury

The only thing that never gets old is honesty. - 311, Full Ride

Nothing good comes easily, sometimes you've got to fight. - 311, Amber

You've got to trust your instinct and let go of regret. You've got to bet on yourself now, star, cause that's your best bet. - 311, All Mixed Up

Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are. - Alanis Morissette, Head Over Feet

Every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back, I hope you feel it. - Alanis Morissette, You Oughta Know (I think at one point in our lives, everyone has felt this way!!)

some words once spoken can't be taken back. - Pearl Jam, Nothingman

Restless soul, enjoy your youth. -Pearl Jam, Not for You

Understand it takes a woman to make a stronger man. - Public Enemy, Revolutionary Generation

Don't fool with fools who'll turn away, keep all good company. - Queen, Good Company


1 comment:

A. M. Mericsko said...

Nice post idea! I always love Elton John lyrics. In paricular "So save your strength and run the field you play alone." in Somebody Saved My Life Tonight.