Saturday, July 22, 2006

My grandfather died today. My sister called and told me an hour ago. I know we had been waiting for this awhile, but it is still hard. I'll miss him. I spent the last hour looking for my favorite pic of him. It is of me and him and I'm hugging him and kissing him on the cheek. I had it in a special place and now I can't find it... I think I"m looking too hard. I"m sure I will find it when I least expect it. I think I may have placed it in my safe a few months back. It's just a fire proof safe were I keep memories.. Old pics of those I love, old letters from Brian and other friends.
I have to look through there next... I feel pretty sad right now and keep crying on and off. I was thinking about after my grandmother died. She died a month after Missy.. I remember crying, but barely. I think that whole time I felt numb from Missy's death. Everytime you loose someone you love, I think it gets harder. Your family gets smaller.
I have to find that picture. It's bothering me.

2 comments:

E-Speed said...

sorry sweetie. It never gets easier losing a loved one, even when it is forseen.

My thoughts are with you.

Brian said...

Your grandpa was a cool dude. I'll always have fond memories of him, especially the last time we saw him alive!