Tuesday, November 15, 2005


This is a pic of me on Halloween. I'm sitting out front our place waiting for trick o' treaters! :) Brian took the pic of me. Kootie is on the mend. His eye is still a little..icky, but it's getting better everyday..
I received more bad news. It seems never ending this month. My patient John who has been doing so wonderful the last 2 years relapsed. It breaks my heart! Brian and I were hoping to go out to see him in Colorado where he and his wife moved. We have always wanted to go to Colorado. It's just one of those times of the year. Usually November seems to be the time of year where patients get sick again or they pass on. But I feel that John and my other patient will pull through. I'm so optimistic about it. I have been trying to not get too close to my patients. But it hard because you spend almost every day with them for 6 weeks. ANd then they come back again for transplant and you may spend another 2 months with the patient everyday. Depending on how treatment goes..


I guess my dad also called my sister and told her my grandfather isn't doing so well. He has kidney cancer. He chose not to get treatment. He told me he was a lucky man and had a great life, great children and grandchildren. He has lived long enough. I often question if God is real. There people suffter. And it seems so bad. ( maybe it doesn't help the line of work I'm in.) I'm someone that has not been to church in awhile. And I have seen a lot of pain and suffering. So it is easy for me to question if God is real. But then it happened....

The other day I believe God answered me. Because he is the only one that could've protected me the way I was. I was at an intersection. The other side of the road had an arrow as it always does to go. Well we got the green light after the arrow on the other side turned off. I went and I was pretty close to the curb for what ever reason. A jeep on the other side of the road thought it would be o.k. if he went through the light after the arrows were gone. He was seriously 6 inches away from my driver side door before he stopped. He almost slammed into my side of the car. I pulled away and looked in the rear view mirror and saw the other cars behind me actually had to go around the jeep because he had been that far in my lane. I freaked out!! I could've been killed! But I wasn't . God had to have protected me. There was no way that that car could've missed me by merely inches. It was like a barrier was there that stopped it. But I'm safe. (not that I will forget that anytime soon) It had to be a miracle. So I will go on smiling still, knowing that God is out there still and things happen for His reason.

No comments: