Monday, September 29, 2008

Growing up

So it's 6am and I can't sleep. I've been up for about an hour now. I'm watching Behind the Music Live with New Kids on the Block that I DVR'd last night. It is showing them live from Boston, which is great because I will be seeing them this Friday. I'm looking to about where my seats are and I'm afraid I won't be able to see now.. We are 8 rows up from the side of the stage. I won't think they would pupt people where they can't see, but then again my sister and I paid the most for tickets ever to see Madonna in Detroit. We got there and found out we should've just got HBO for the year and it would've been cheaper than those shitty seats! We had to watch her from the screen because a black curtain blocked our view completely. We only saw about 1/10 of the stage. But then the Q is probably a bit different from the Garden and I think it will be fine.
In watching their history, it made me laugh. When I was a kid and in love with each one of them at a different time (Donnie and Jon were my favorites though, talk about totally different personalities) I remember having all these pre-teen romantic fantasies about them. Every girl has! Pre-teen girls have these crazy little idea in their head about what love is. And I know I can speak for me, but in my innocence, the most I dreamed of is being kissed by one of them. (especially Donnie or Jon) Now that I'm an adult (as many other fans are now) and with experience, you can look at them now and see things from a totally different view. I won't elaborate, but I know my married girlfriends can vouch for being able to fantasize about them in a whole different way, especially Donnie!:)(Not that I spend time doing that, but when I am watching them dance on stage I kind of can't help it) I just find it funny how in over 20 years as a fan, how my views have changed. I think as a pre-teen I spent all my time thinking of them. As an adult, I'm excited, but so many other things take up my time. Work, family. Now seeing them is a kind of vacation from my reality. (I love my life, but it is just a break from it) So then watching them makes me feel like a teenager again, but with adult views. How times change! I wonder who my kids are going to like. And I wonder if our next child is a little girl, who she is going to adore growing up.
I hear the babies stirring. I'm going to go!:)

No comments: