Tuesday, October 18, 2005

We're home from Hawaii

Brian and I recently got home from our honeymoon in Hawaii. We got married on Sept.24th. I could not have asked for a better day for the wedding. It was beautiful outside! Not too hot. Not too cold. We knew it would be a beautiful day though. Everyday from the year my sister died, Sept. 24th has always been one of the most beautiful days of the year. Every year for 8 years, the weather has been perfect. That is why we took the chance it would be there same way that day. And it couldn't have been a more perfect day. We were surrounded by family and friends that really love us. It was just amazing to see people haveing such a great time.
It was amazing to have my friends Michelle, Cindy and Laura, who came from North Carolina to be with me. And Alessa who came from Pittsburgh to be with us. Not to mention my family Lisa, George and Rosie, who came from Chicago Heights and Richie and Aunty Thelma who came from Hobart, IN. And my Uncle Jerry and Aunt Lorraine, Julie, Tony, Amy and Ryan, who all flew in from Miami. My uncle walked me down the aisle and it meant a great deal to me. He made me laugh and I needed it because I was so nervous. It's amazing to have people like that in your life.
My niece Nikya was so cute in the wedding as was Brian's cousin Page and my little cousin, Cody!
The cake was excellent and the food was great. The DJ's were the best. I had the best photographers! It was a true celebration. And we had a real reason to celebrate. I waited 8 years for Brian to marry me! But it was all worth the wait! Now I get to lay next to my best friend every night and grow old with him.
Hawaii was amazing. It was so beautiful there. We swam with dolphins, went to a luau, took a WWII tour which was incredible! Went horseback riding, kayaking and on a dinner cruise. Everything was great! We had the best time! An amazing 10 days of laying on the beach and hanging out doing new things together.
We got home and Brian had to go to work the following Monday. I didn't though. I had another week off. I'm busy making thank you cards. I'm stamping for the first time. They aren't great, but I think people will like them. They are taking longer than I thought they would. I have one more task left after I finish them and that is to find envolopes to place them in.

Brian and I were in columbus this past weekend. He ran the Columbus Marathon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in honor of his cousin Page. He also put on his shirt, "In honor of the patients on Tower 6" (That is where I work) I'm a cancer nurse. And the things our patients go through is horrible. I dont think I would wish that on my worst enemy. I take care of patients who are getting bone marrow transplants. Technically, they are stem cell transplants. I have seen them do umbilical cord blood transplants as well. One day I will go through a hypothetical admission for a leukemic patient. It would really open your eyes to how terrible a disease leukemia and lymphoma are. The medicine is amazing when you see someone do well. And you curse it when you realize that a patient is no longer dying of cancer, but from their treatments. I was so proud of him and his friends for running and volunteering for such a great cause.

Our pictures our great and I can't wait to share them with you!
Thanks everyone for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: